The king is dead, long live the king!

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by pandlouk, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

If HorizonDatasys and Leapfrog replace FD-ISR Workstation with FD-ISR Rescue and if the features of the final product are those described on the Horizon's site, it will be a major failure.

There already exists a substitute of FD-ISR and it's name is BackOnTrack of Roxio (it uses a similar technologgy with FD-ISR, but it cannot provide a multiOS boot).

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

HDS doesn't have to do anything, except working very hard on Rollback Rx v8.1 and fix its freeze function and God knows what more to make it RELIABLE for a change.

Regarding FDISR Workstation : leave it like it is and fix possible still existing winVISTA compatibility problems and DITCH the idea of FDISR Rescue or change the name DriveVaccine into FDISR Rescue.

If HDS is bored, we will tell them what to improve in FDISR Workstation and then HDS can call it "FDISR Workstation Plus". :)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  3. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

To kill FDISR is a terribly mistake but when money talks the bullshit walks !!

4. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I would suggest we wait and see what Leapfrog has planned as it's obvious something is in the wings.

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I have to confess that i have often judged a software company in the past as much on it's name as in it's reviews by customers/users. Leapfrog didn't exactly peak with me much when i first seen it here at Wilders, but the sterling reviews and results of it's flagship FD-ISR quickly dispelled that little shadow of oversight in a hurry.
    They in much the same way as the first HIPS did, have IMO forged an indeligible mark of advanced innovation which is surpassed & exceeded all expectations by a very wide margin. To afford users a way out from the age old suffering of frustrations from their system not booting to recovering from malware hits and then some; with the introduction and launch of FD-ISR, i view them as pioneers in a technology little regarded untill FD. Yes there is been other apps to lock the state of a windows system and such, but stability issues always seem to accompany those programs. Also what other app gives a user the FREEDOM to create Multiple Systems (snapshots) and even to archive them externally if desired for 100% recreation of their system later. Like imaging incrementals the Copy/Update features even builds those archives up or else recover a snapshot for whatever reason or purpose.

The list goes on as well as customer appreciation for this legendary effort on users behalf everywhere.

My feeling is Leapfrog will at some point continue to gain global attention from their future developments in spite of the disappointing attention brought about from transacting with HDS as FD's distributor and HDS's subsequent butchering of what made FD-ISR so very useful as well as profitable.

Thats my take on all this at this time, and even if not one other app ever came from that special group again, in manys eyes they have done a huge service by creating FD-ISR at all, and they done a fantastic job with it.

My FD-ISR with all it's advanced features & fully functional plus stable as a rock, will remain like Gold to me, and my system is a much better experience for their efforts.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007
  6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

My assumption is that BackOnTrack Suite (BOTS) is a substitute of Rollback Rx, NOT of FirstDefense-ISR.

If you watch closer to the Instant Restore screen of BOTS :
    http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/backontrack/suite/overview.html
    you will see that these snapshots or points-in-time.

Each snapshot in FDISR is independent from the other and can have a totally different contents than any other existing snapshot. FDISR-snapshots can be points-in-time, but not necessarily and that is a big difference.

Another indication is that BOTS can't handle another Windows Operating System, Rollback Rx can't do that either.
    FDISR is able to do this, because each snapshot must have an OS, which can be winXP, win2000 or winVISTA.

BackOnTrack Suite "=" Rollback Rx and NOT FirstDefense-ISR, not even close. :)

BackOnTrack "=" BackOnTrack Suite minus Instant Restore.

BOTS's Disaster Recovery = Image Backup for SYSTEM.
    BOTS's File Backup = File Backup for DATA.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  7. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

I'm not too concerned with what HDS does to fd-isr, i'm completely satisfied with raxco's final version. It will serve me well for many years to come, and by then hopefully we should have some other alternatives.

I will be satisfied with rollback too as soon as they fix its inability to backup itself and all snapshots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.