The Hottest Chat App for Teens Is … Google Docs

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by guest, Mar 16, 2019.

1. guest

guest Guest

The Hottest Chat App for Teens Is … Google Docs
    How a writing tool became the new default way to pass notes in class
    March 14, 2019
    https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2019/03/hottest-chat-app-teens-google-docs/584857/

2. Beyonder

Beyonder Registered Member

This is actually really impressive IMO.

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

BTW, I was looking for an instant messenger that supports Facebook, does anybody know if ICQ supports this? The Facebook Messenger desktop app is only available for Win 10 sadly enough. I remember, way back in the days, ICQ used to be quite popular.

https://icq.com/windows/en

4. longshots

longshots Registered Member

I think you may actually be older than me :)

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

There is an unofficial Messenger app for Windows, Messenger for Desktop.
    https://messengerfordesktop.com/
    The installer, twice offers to download and install extra software, but you can click on Decline both times, to opt out of installing anything else. Because the installer is using InstallCore to offer the extra software, some AV software will detect it. However the actual Messenger for Desktop.exe file it installs, is clean.

6. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Registered Member

Lol I wasn't expecting this. Google finally got a successful chat app one way or another :p

7. Rasheed187

Thanks, will check this out. But the question is if we can trust these unofficial tools. BTW, I decided not to test ICQ, it asks for your phone number and/or email-address, I wonder why. I assumed this wasn't necessary for old skool messengers. And it's also owned by some Russian company, this might be a problem for some. But I'm guessing they don't support Facebook. I hope Facebook will soon launch the integrated chat app for Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, for both Win 8 and 10.

Do you still remember those days? The most popular ones were ICQ, Miranda, Trillian and later Pidgin. But Facebook basically made them obsolete.

8. Rasheed187

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.