The HandsOff Hardware Museum

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by HandsOff, Jun 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I have found many old peices of computer junk that probably belong in a museum. It's bad enough that i have one or two old parallel port zip drives with maybe 30 zip disks. conceivably i could find a use for them someday (instead of CD-R/RW?)

i have a parallel port "snappy" video capture card, though i doubt i will ever have a compatable operating system

but for the all time useless piece of parallel port junk:

an external parallel port drive from CMS that supposedly was compatable with ancient macintosh or ibm pc's with...are you ready...a 43 megabyte hard drive! the think looks like a minerature computer, must weigh 20 pounds. And it just has that look and feel that screams, "I was cutting edge technology"

i think maybe it's time to part with some things!

-HandsOff

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

My comp has a zip drive.

3. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Uh, I have a Jaquard 500 sitting out in the barn somewhere. At one time it was a "State Of the Art" desktop. Has 2 - 8" floppy drives and a humongous 128k of ram(total). Used to be hooked up to a Pertec hard drive that was the size of a small pony. The 500 alone used to sell for about 25k bare bones. The manuals stacked about as high as Shaq O'neil.

I am driven to tears just thinking about it!

big ed

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Since DSL and the latest processors and video cards have come along, I don't feel the need to upgrade as often as I used to.

I keep one win 98 computer as a backup to my xp machine.

I got rid of the other three! :D

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well I've still got my first Computer....it takes up 3/4 of our 20'x20' spare bed-room, floor to ceiling in our Tepee Condominium....AND I've still got the Coal-fired boiler that provided the Steam needed to run it.......beat that..... :D

Cochise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.