The future of the computer

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Everyone's a business analyst, and so am I. Marching bravely into the unknown, an article debating the future of the computer, including desktop, notebook, netbook, and smartphone, covering aspects like business demands, ergonomics, usability, price, and other factors. So what technology segment is going to reign supreme in the future? Which one is going to die? The desktop? The laptop? The smartphone?

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/computing-future.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. PJC

PJC Very Frequent Poster

Thanks! :thumb:

3. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Really enjoyed reading that on my desktop monitor. :)

4. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Great article, I agree with most of your points.

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, nice article.

I will differ and add only 2 things.

1- Netbooks will not die. They will become more popular I think. Reasons: they are cheap, can do most of things an ordinary user wants and are light weight and portable.

2- Tablets/ Slates- You forgot to mention this. They are still in infancy but I think they will become the dominant mobile computing device for everyone, at work, at home, in the class room and while traveling( wait for tablets with a true mobile windows OS with classic windows copmatibility). I think they might even give smart phones a hard hit.

Resons: Lightweight, mobile, good battery life, accessory keyboards can provide a hassle-free typing, cheaper( might be), decent sized screen as compared to smart phones

If you quote your predictions of this article after few years, pls do quote my comments too( if they prove correct).:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.