The future of Firefox Add-ons - Nope

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

2. PallMall

PallMall Guest

As @accessgranted I tend to agree as well. A company similar to black holes in the universe, swallowing everything light included. Our lights here are those of creativity, originality specific to independent people and organizations. If this world keeps on having the best done by individuals to have that best swallowed by black holes, we're leading to nowhere or rather, we're advancing much more slowly than we could. Pluralism is essential. In a world of robots there is no pluralism. "I'm not a number!"

3. accessgranted

accessgranted Registered Member

4. Daveski17

5. wolfrun

wolfrun Registered Member

Some information here on Palemoon Goanna version. http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9061 and the download is here http://www.palemoon.org/WIP/ I have tried it and works well on my system. However for the time being I switched back to 25.7, the gecko version for now until a stable version of Goanna is ready then that is where I'm headed.

6. accessgranted

accessgranted Registered Member

Windows only, and I ditched Windows about two years ago for Linux and never looked back.
    Interesting... I'll keep it in mind in the coming months.
    BTW, any idea why no more people are on PaleMoon right now?

7. paulderdash

paulderdash Registered Member

+1

8. Daveski17

Oh right, sorry. I know how you feel about Windows, the laptop I bought recently had Linux preinstalled (Ubuntu) and when they stop supporting Win 7 the custom-built box I'm using right now will probably go the same way.

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

For those who asked, I don't have any browsers to recommend. That's a big part of the problem.
    Mrk

10. SirDrexl

SirDrexl Registered Member

What original version of XP didn't require activation? I know it was there from day 1 for consumers.

11. wolfrun

Maybe down the road there will be more people using Palemoon. Also, addons could be a problem as some FF addons don't work in Palemoon. The only addons I use are listed in my signature and I run my browsers in Sandboxie. As for myself I was a long time Firefox user and I still have it as my secondary browser.
    Seeing that you are a Linux user, this section in the Palemoon forum might of interest to you. http://forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=37&sid=a6ee76c6f52bd590682efa30b4bc8d85

12. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

It seems the linux development of palemoon is hit and miss.
    Does it need to be run in "wine" on linux.

One-man band outfits are always nefarious in terms of long term support etc.
    If moonchild pulls the plug.Then what.?
    There just does not seem enough information as to whether the linux version is being properly maintained and by whom.

13. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

It uses its own installer.

There are several developers.

The Linux version keeps up with the Windows one, check their forums for more information.

14. wolfrun

In agreement with Joxx. I don't use Linux personally, I gave out the above link http://forum.palemoon.org/viewforum.php?f=37&sid=a6ee76c6f52bd590682efa30b4bc8d85 for accessgranted who I noticed uses Linux and the info about Palemoon and Linux might be of interest to same person. Best thing is to is go to the forum, as Joxx suggested and inquire there if really interested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.