The future of ads - and the Internet

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Are you feeling too cheerful? Let me depress you a bit. Here's a super long and important article discussing the future of the Internet and online advertising, based on the concept of ad blocking and acceptable ads in iOS 9, debating the ad-content balance and the battle between Google and Apple, historical examples of radio and TV, control, the emergence of the Web and free content, best and worst case scenarios, money and gain, survival of the fittest, potential outcome and hope, other speculations, and more. Bon appetit.

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/future-of-ads.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Thanks for your awesome insights! I personally believe that with time something will evolve, with which publishers will be able to monetize their content without annoying their readers. That could be a revolutionary advertisement system or something totally unique; I can't really visualize.

Personally, as a publisher, I hate using ad networks, and therefore prefer to place affiliate links, in rather unobtrusive and intelligent way. However, that could not be an option for publishers in every niche.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.