The future is old

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mrkvonic, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

The doomsday is near. Well, it's coming in about 30 years or so. This is an article about the demographic trend of aging in Western societies, fundamental inadequacies in existing hardware and software solutions, and radical changes need to support and withstand this inevitable pattern. Enjoy.

https://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/future-technology-old-people.html

Cheers,
    Mrk

2. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Great article congratulations.
    Progress is not always an indication of improvement.

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

True. In fact, even when hurried or not allowed a well enough paced pattern often results in a Regression.

Back again to the drawing board.

4. ProTruckDriver

ProTruckDriver Registered Member

30 years, Good Luck, I'll never see it. :eek:

5. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

I hope I do.
    Then I can see what it's like to be 114 years old.;)

6. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Well, if we were colonists of Mars instead of the planet Earth in this solar system, we might would stand a better chance at keeping enough of our current makeup to actually meet that criteria in halfway decent shape. :geek:

7. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

:argh:

8. Seer

Seer Registered Member

This is rather complex and depends on many things. In countries where socioeconomic standards are high the limit of chronological 'old age' is also higher. An african village man who never saw a physician in his life may be old at 50. There are those who are perceived as 'old' because of their social behavior despite being young. You can be considered old when you're 40 and you become grandparent etc.

That's almost unpredictable. I think that old people simply don't have the same interest in new technology as when they were younger. Old age could also be called 'slow age' because of general slowing down of biological processes. You simply can't keep the pace as you used to, the effort (both physical and mental) becomes bigger every day so you draw a line.

It is very hard to even discuss the subject of 'old age' from a perspective of a 30 years younger person. As someone much smarter once said "there is one experience that belongs only to the elders, that of being old".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.