The Funk in your .dll files could be missing !

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by quietman, Aug 7, 2015.

1. quietman

quietman Registered Member

I just did a quick count on the first two pages of " Recent Posts " and there are NINE different , active threads on the subject of Windows 10 !
    As a bit of light relief :-

Do you or don't you have The Funk in your .dll files ?

Sorry , I just couldn't resist posting this ...
    ... if only as an example of the so-called "services" that your local neighborhood computer store may be offering.
    I was just walking by when I saw it , so I took a photo.

At times I listen to a fair bit of James Brown , Bootsy Collins and George Clinton , so I can understand how
    "The Funk " might have dribbled or drained it's way INTO my dll files ........ but how did it leak out again ?
    .... and what will happen to those .dll files now that The Funk is gone ?

Well don't panic , it appears that there are people out there who can help us .

N.B. This photo has been cropped to exclude any info that could identify the store , it's location ...
    ... or any of the prices charged for these "services" :)

I reckon if these people are getting any customers from this ad , they might want to branch out into the tin-foil hat business , if only as a sideline .

Is this a potential security issue ? ...... probably not .
    But it might be for "Joe Public" , if he trusts his computer to people who won't or can't even use Spellcheck .
    And yes , I know , it's most likely a simple mistake on the part of the business .... but still ...
    .... it's on all of their publicity !

I kind of expect a certain level of professionalism in business , even if it's only a very low level .... call me old-fashioned if you will .

Do any other forum members have any unusual ( or just plain old crackpot ) offers of services to share ?

Anything that doesn't mention Windows 10 anyway :)

Funk.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.