The file name, location or format ... is not valid.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Satchmo, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satchmo

Satchmo Guest

I downloaded today "Acronis True Image Corporate Workstation Trial v8.0 build 1.158"

I am running two systems:
    Desktop - Win XP SP2 and Laptop - Win XP SP2 connected over a D-LINK Router.

I install my laptop completly new and now I like to backup the new installation. I created a bootable CD-RW and started my laptop with it.

I selected "Acronis Full Version", click on Create Image. Select whole disk and in the browser window I click on "Computers Near Me". Open "Workgroup" and see my desktop computer named "Zion". When I open it, the program asks me about my user and password. After providing these information I see my shared folder "backup". Click on it (Status on the right windows changes to Shared Network Folder and Space information), click on "Generate file name" and hit next -> Now I get the error message: "The file name, location or format "\\ZION\Backup\MyBackup.tib" is not valid. Please type the file name or location in the corect format."

The same happens when I change ZION to 192.168.0.101 (desktop ip).

My network card is correctly configurated under tools - option.

Can you tell me where the problem is?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.