The Easiest, Fastest Way to Update or Install Software

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AlexC, Oct 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Just seat back and relax while your pre-selected programs are installed in backgroud... :cool:

http://ninite.com/

2. philby

philby Registered Member

Just out of interest, can I ask how this s/w deals with the ubiquitous toolbar / make default checkboxes embedded in installers that we have to untick time and time again...?

philby

EDIT: Sorry, I was thinking of 'first time' installers - maybe these toolbar boxes don't appear when s/w is automatically updated. I don't know, as I have nothing that auto-updates.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  3. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Tried this today, and no toolbars bundled with the apps -all 'first time' installers- (java, flash, and all the others i tried) :thumb:

4. philby

philby Registered Member

Not bad at all then :)

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Taken from the webpage:

Looks like a really nice program. Of little use for me as I only use a few of the program it installs and updates, but I'm sure many people will find this useful.

At the bottom of the webpage you can submit apps you would like to see included, and you can even get them to email you if and when they include the app:

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Very nice product will definatly make use of it when I install windows 8 later in the year. I always hate having to babysit my computer after a reinstall for each app.

7. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

NiNite has been around a long time now. It makes finding software quite a bit easier.

To update software, I used to rely mostly on Secunia PSI. However, since the newer version was released I've often found it not telling me about security updates even for risky software like Java.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.