The Dark Overlord hacked back by London plastic surgeon to celebs and royals

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Minimalist, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/dark-overlord-hacked-back-by-london-plastic-surgeon-celebs-royals-1646860

2. reasonablePrivacy

reasonablePrivacy Registered Member

If I had been TDO, I would simply ask to not sent me emails with HTML content. Text is good. Attachments which can be viewed off-line on separate machine.
    Anyway, it would be naive to think that TDO haven't taken any counter-measures to prevent leak of their IP address. Probably some virtual machine and firewall rules.

3. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Just shows how out of touch they were. To think that TDO would have logged in exposing their IP is laughable. They have the skillset to pull of such a major hack and then they are going to simply hand over their IP. I think not.

4. RockLobster

RockLobster Registered Member

A file with no text... Hmmm.
    You think maybe they mean another file URL exploit?

5. Minimalist

Minimalist Registered Member

It doesn't say what kind of file. Probably something trying to connect to their server and they thought that they could find out from which IP address connection came.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.