The Copy Engine unexpectedly terminated

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by tradetime, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tradetime

tradetime Registered Member

I posted about this a little while back, and was not able to find a solution. I did think initially it was an Avast issue, but that turned out not to be the case, and since then I have just not used FD-ISR

Since that time I have just carried on in my "Main Snapshot" as if I do not have FD-ISR installed, obviously not the ideal solution, but a working one.

However now I have got a Win7 disc and I want to install it into a empty snapshot. I have the very first Vista install as a snapshot (Primary), nothing was ever added, installed, or updated in this snapshot and FD-ISR still works fine in here, ie I can create new snapshots, and archive or update from this one. My idea to finally put this to bed was to boot into this, remove the "Main Snapshot" Unfortunately although FD-ISR works fine in this (Primary) it will not remove the "Main Snapshot" This "Main Sanpshot" seems to be holding the whole system to ransom, surely there must be some way to delete it at least.

Any and all suggestions welcome.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Boot to your Primary (working snapshot). Run a checkdisk. and then select to perform a complete uninstall of FD-ISR (not the program only option). Then reboot and delete the c:\ISR folder (in case it still exists) and if you still cannot delete it you should take ownership of the entire ISR folder and its subfolders.

Then install again FD-ISR, create an empty snapshot and install your 7.

Panagiotis

3. tradetime

Thanks, I will give this a go, it will be about 10 days before I have the time to go through it completely, but I will post back and let you know how it went.

4. tradetime

Hi, again it will be next weekend before I can do this but thought I'd cover any prelims that will likely become issues when I do get to it. In this case that folder does not exist as far as I can see, even before I do an uninstall. I can see no "ISR Folder" of any description anywhere.

http://i41.tinypic.com/zuks46.png

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Just before Pandluck replies again, just checking you have system set to show hidden files and folders.

6. tradetime

Hi mate, with my level of computer knowledge it is always worth asking any question :) I have however got my system setup to show hidden files and folders. The link in the above message is just a screenshot on an image hosting site as it was too big to attach. You will note that beneath Program Files (x86) is a folder called Program Data. That folder is hidden when the permission is revoked, so it is working ok. I'm puzzled, nothing new there though.

7. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Hide protected operating system files unticked?

8. tradetime

Haha, bingo :) never heard of that one before. Ok all good.

9. tradetime

Ok I am on this, after uninstall the c:\ISR folder does indeed still exist, however when I try to delete it it tells me I need permission. It's properties say it is owned by SYSTEM. I changed that to myself and administrators, but it says still I need permission. Not sure if I have done something wrong here, missed a step perhaps

10. jwcca

jwcca Registered Member

You could try obtaining a zip file containing registry mods to allow you to Take Ownsership of any file. Check:
    http://www.blogsdna.com/2173/add-take-ownership-option-in-right-click-context-menu-of-windows-7.htm
    It works for me...

J

11. tradetime

Thanks mate, appreciate the advice. An update, after changing permissions I re attempted to delete, and it simply told me Access was denied. Denied, DENIED, I'll give it denied :D I decided FDISR has had it's day, I reformatted and installed 7 from the disk. Thanks to everyone who participated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.