The configuration for block USB storage disk not work

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by ElioM, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElioM

ElioM Registered Member

I want to configure two PCs to Block any USB Storage Disk.

I have install the ESET ENDPOINT spanish version, first don't exits the option "Discos USB" o "Dispositivo de Almacenamiento USB" then choice the option "dispositivo portatil" (something like "Portable device").

I don´t want to stop use a especific USB device storage, i want to block any of them, then choice:

Derechos: (Rights) Bloquear (BLock)
    Proveedor: (Provider) Empty
    Modelo: (Model) Empty
    Numero de Serie: (Serial Number) Empty

and press the button "Agregar" (Add) finally button "Aceptar" (OK)

But the rule not work, (same in XP windows and W7)

I have ask to ESET using the contact system included with the product, but they redirect me to my provider that ask me if I have pay the technical assistance with the product.

Some body can help me?

(I think that exist an translation error with the type devices options list in the ESET END POINT, and other aspects with the technical assistance from ESET company... :))

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

What exact USB device are you attempting to block?

3. ElioM

ElioM Registered Member

I want to block any USB storage device, because I want to block the use of this devices, not just a specific one. Maybe the option is there but the translation to spanish not is good.

Then

1. what is the option in spanish version to block flask memory disks, or similar USB storage devices?

2. How to configure the ESET ENDPOINT to block all this storage devices (flash memory, SD, Micro SD or other USB storage media) without take care about the model or serial (all them must been blocked)

Thank in advance

Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.