The "close" box that appears

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thebigdintx, Oct 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

I have T.I. 9.0 build 2273, and every time I close the program a small white box appears with "close" in it. This also happened with all my previous builds, and with version 8.0.

It's not much of a big deal, but I was just wondering if this is occuring on anyone else's computer. And, if it is happening to many of us, maybe Acronis could fix it.

2. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

This little info box comes from Windows. After you close TrueImage, if you then click on your desktop you'll get the little white Close box for a few seconds until Windows catches up with the fact that TrueImage has been closed. Then the Close box disappears.

3. thebigdintx

I only click the "X" in the upper right hand corner one time, and then after the program closes, the small white box with "close" in it shows up for a few seconds.

4. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

Right. Same explanation.

5. thebigdintx

Your above explination said that if you close the program, and then click on your desktop....., but I am not clicking on my desktop after closing the program.

6. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

I give up!

7. thebigdintx

If it were just a windows problem, it would probably happen when I closed down any of my programs. However, the "close" box only appears after closing the Acronis True Image program, and it does not show up when I close any of my other programs.

8. bobdat

bobdat Registered Member

If you want to be picky, yes the Close box will appear for about 1-2 seconds after you quit TI. That doesn't change the fact that it takes the OS a couple of seconds to do housekeeping and acknowledge that TI is really done.

This also happens on several other programs I use including the popular SpySweeper so I don't think a second or two delay in the OS acknowledging a complete shutdown is unique to TI. Maybe the Close box is.

Perhaps someone much more knowledgeable about the OS or Acronis Tech Support could further comment. :-*

9. dld

dld Registered Member

thebigdintx.. Instead of closing Acronis by clicking the X, close it by clicking Operations\Exit. Hopefully the "close" box will not appear, at least on my computer it does not appear.

10. mrtee

mrtee Registered Member

Try alt+space bar then press "c".

11. thebigdintx

I tried clicking on "operations", and then on "exit", and that worked. I do not get the "close" box when I shut down the program this way. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.