The Cleaner Seen As a Trojan By Eset

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Trollton, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trollton

Trollton Registered Member

C:\Program Files\The Cleaner\tcap.exe - probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus [7] - action selection postponed until scan completion

I'm sure this is a FP. Scanned with A2 & Malwarebytes & all clean. Oh & The Cleaner.

2. RyanH

RyanH Eset Staff Account

3. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I downloaded a copy of MooSoft Development's The Cleaner v6.2.1.2030 from the author's download links and scanned it with ESET Smart Security v4.2 with threat signature database 4862 and did not get any reports of malware.

Can you please confirm the version of MooSoft's software you were scanning and the version of the threat signature database in your copy of ESET Smart Security?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

4. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

5. Trollton

Trollton Registered Member

Eset definitions 4864. Cleaner version 6.2.1.2029. However this was installed using the 'deal of the day'. Although I didn't install the add on, the link above is interesting regarding 'deal of the day'. As I was going the buy The Cleaner anyway I'll image back & buy the full version. Thanks for all help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.