the cleaner proffesional

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by maddawgz, Mar 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Hi i bought the cleaner proffesional..it seems ok..alarm goes off if reg changes its a trojan scanner gaurd i think?? any advice on this i run it with avg... whats there definitions likeo_O thanks
    http://www.moosoft.com

and if not this any other good antitrojan gaurdo_O... that works with AVG antivirus... i didnt like TDS ..thanks...maddawgz :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

3. maddawgz

Thanks i dl Ewido..seems flimsy the interface is that normal... also takes a while to boot.pc..but ill give it a go thanx... ;)

4. Chris12923

Yea the interface is different to say the least but a very good scanner. Let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Chris

5. maddawgz

Hi chris ..Well i downloaded the Ecliair test virus it didnt catch it oddo_O..my avg did though then i disabled..avg tried again and no warnings..that's strange?? duz it have to be the full verison to catch it...thanks... o_O

6. Chris12923

Here is from the Ewido site:

b) If you are using the free-version: Your system is not automatically protected as the free-version has no guard. Consequently you need to scan the test virus manually after the download.

Hope this helps,

Chris

7. Chris12923

One more about Ewido:

From http://www.techsupportalert.com/best_16_free_utilities.htm

"Best Free Trojan Scanner/Trojan Remover Updated 28 February, 2005
    Ewido is the best of a new crop of anti-Trojan programs. On my recent tests over at www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com it emerged as was one of the few products that could reliably detect polymorphic and process injecting Trojans that were totally missed by anti-virus products like Norton and AVG. No, it's not as effective as TDS-3 or Trojan Hunter but these are shareware products. As ever, you get what you pay for. In particular the free version of Ewido doesn’t have a memory monitor but the on-demand scanner is however, excellent. The free version download is actually the same as the paid version but after 14 days the memory monitor becomes non-functional. I recommend that all average PC users who don't have an anti-trojan scanner download the product and scan their PCs weekly. I suspect you may be surprised at what you will find. High risk PC users such as P2P file sharers and frequenters of hack sites, should however consider the industrial strength protection of TDS-3 or Trojan Hunter both of which offer the enhanced protection they need.
    http://www.ewido.net/en/ (2.2MB)
    http://www.anti-trojan-software-reviews.com/review-ewido.htm"

Hopefully just using it you can see how good it is but never hurts to hear good things.

Thanks,

Chris

8. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

the cleaner is garbage. uninstall it. get your $ back.

it can't detect polymorphic trojans for starters.

tds3 for advanced, trojanhunter for ease, boclean is also real nice - new version excellent. ewido is improving a lot. test the trials for compatibility

9. maddawgz

ok that answers it? thanks yes i took the cleaner of? just kept A2 free?..for now!! Untill i fix this thing and order boclean? maddawgz :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.