The Cleaner function in Essentials edition.

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by Der Alte, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Der Alte

Der Alte Registered Member

When using the cleaner funktion in Essentials, how can you avoid that your auto lockin`s afterwords disappear ?

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know specifically what logins you're seeing problems? I suspect it is the cookies having been removed which can be configured within the System Cleaner settings.

Thanks!

3. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

Under Cleanup Settings > Windows System you want to uncheck 'Default logon user history'.

4. Der Alte

Hello PrevzHelp.

Again it`s a question from a Danish Security Forum, from a trial user of Secure Anywhere Essentials, and I couldent provide him an answar. I am not aware witch login`s he having trouble with, but again I can ask if you wish.

He using Ccleaner regulary, and has no trouble with auto login as far as I know, until he tryed the cleaner in Essentials.

5. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

CCleaner is focused on data removal while the WSA System Cleaner looks more into the privacy implications of files so it's possible that you'll have more data removed. I recommend looking through the areas that are configured to be cleaned and possibly unchecking some options if something is being removed that they don't want to have cleaned.

6. Der Alte

Ok I let your answar pass on. But I think it would have been nice if there was an option specificly about untacking auto login`s.

Best regards :)

7. Techfox1976

Techfox1976 Registered Member

Some auto-logins are stored in cookies, and unfortunately there's no way whatsoever to determine an auto-login cookie from any other cookie.

If the user is having the problem where "I am normally logged into this site and after running a cleanup, I have to go back and log in again", then it's definitely cookies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.