The China Syndrome

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Firebytes, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

I had never read about The China Syndrome (not the movie FYI ;)) before today or seen it discussed here at Wilders. I ran across the link to this story about AV vendors and their links to China today while on askwoody.com I don't know anything at all about the subject but I thought I would bring it to the attention of members here and see if anyone had heard of it before or had any comments.

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

@ Firebytes

Thanks for posting :thumb:

Wow :eek: Hadn't heard about The China Syndrome scandal before, and SCANDAL it is. Funny how nobody has been proscecuted and very publically disgraced etc over it :( But hey, that's how it goes for "them" and their like :thumbd: Not for much longer though, you'll see :)

3. Firebytes

Firebytes Registered Member

Very surprising to me that only one person here at Wilders has made a comment so far concerning the article linked to in the first post. Did those of you who looked at the article scroll down far enough to see the time line listed? That's where most of the information is located. If so I would have expected some reaction one way or another concerning the information presented. Maybe everyone but me had already heard of this and knows one way or the other if it is fact or fiction.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Hadn't read the article before, but nothing surprises me. It makes me wonder about the Intel/McAfee buyout, and what kind of international spyware they will start embedding on microchips and call it antivirus. Hopefully AMD will not go this direction but I guess we will see.

5. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

I remember reading the same article last year. It was linked in the AV section here at Wilders.

6. wearetheborg

wearetheborg Registered Member

I read it, was disappointed in Macaffe etc; but not really shocked.
    Also, I believe than China can now design its own malware without help from US companies.

As far as I'm concerned, if a party outside of microsoft has a peice of malware, then all the bad guys may as well have it.

Now, if microsoft did this, I would be super ~ Snipped as per TOS ~.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.