The Care & Feeding Of KAV

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by AlamoCity, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlamoCity

AlamoCity Registered Member

I would like to retract something I said regarding the following statement:

"NOD32 is much more reliable and stable"

My use of the word "much" was a little excessive. So I'm changing it to: "NOD32 is more reliable and stable than KAV."

Although this is obviously just my opinion, which I'm entitled to, it's also the opinion of a lot of other people, based on posts that I've read in forums, as well as other sources of information I've come across.

2. AlamoCity

I'm not going to spend ten hours hunting through threads to find what your asking for. My thread was just started a little more than an hour ago, give it a little time to ripen and bear some fruit. :) :thumb:

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

troll, troll, troll your boat.........

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

I'm sorry but this is not serious, you can make statement like that about any Software then.:(

5. AlamoCity

Thanks for your opinion, but I respectively disagree.

6. besafe

besafe Registered Member

I have always been of the opinion that NOD32 and KAV are equivalents, the best of the best. But recently, NOD appears to have fallen just a tad while KAV seems to be as good as it's always been.

Both are excellent programs, but KAV seems to have a slight edge presently.

7. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

I agree. I can say AV XYZ is terrible and create a thread 'AV XYZ' is terrible.
    If someone asks me for proof that AV XYZ is terrible, I tell them, "I've started a thread. Wait for it to bear fruit.'" Can't you see how ridiculous that is??

8. AlamoCity

Then stop clicking on this thread.

I love KAV. I think overall, it beats NOD32 hands down. But I've read a lot of posts in which the forum participants listed "stability" as one of the major reasons they switched from KAV to NOD32. But people in this thread keep making an issue about it, so all I can say is that they must not be reading the same things I've read over the years.

And as I've already said, I'm not going to spend ten hours hunting through threads to find what the diehard KAV fans are asking for.

9. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Frankly, I think all you are doing here is trying to stir up trouble by inciting people to bicker. If you are really serious, as you claim, about improving KAV, then stop posting here, go to the Kaspersky Forum here sign up and start beta testing. That way you can make a positive contribution.

10. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

Then stop creating threads where you can't make up your own mind: "gee, I love KAV, but it's just too unstable and reliable... but I'm a fan!... no, wait a minute... NOD sucks, it can't detect anything and shouldn't be in business... no, wait a minute... I've learned alot in the last 24 hours..... NOD is stable and reliable... etc., etc."
    You ask for user input, you get it, then whine when you don't like what they say.

I never found either NOD or KIS6 to be unstable or reliable, but that was probably because I spent the time to learn their interfaces, settings, and research this and other forums concerning issues and fixes.

Bingo. Plain and simple.

11. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Agreed. This is just another trolling thread. Enough is enough. Thread closed!

Not all trolling posts say product XYZ sucks! Sometimes they are smarter and post something far too positive just in an effort to get someone to argue back with them... the product they are positive against may well be the target, and the product they are negative against may be what they are supporting.

Come on people... you've seen all this before. When the troll comes knocking, don't bite. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.