The best Windows antivirus software for home users - av-test.org

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Krusty, Dec 7, 2020.

1. __Nikopol

__Nikopol Registered Member

Omg, you WILL believe this! Night Light is dependent on these three services: Connected Devices Platform User Service, Connected Devices Platform Service, Network Connection Broker. No wonder it never worked. Of course, in typical MS fashion, there was no error message - not even in the Event Viewer. Aaaah
    Yea, I was on a Mutually-Assured-Destruction path to privacy... I used O&O shutup, but not Winaero. Thank you for recommending it. Looks neat.
    One minute in and Winaero already won me over because it made me aware of "Aero Shake". Sorry, Microsoft, but how are we expected to know about these functions again?
    ... I can change the amount of svchost.exe's?! So many new things to play with! I don't know why I would care about the amount of svchost's, but hell if I'm not squeezing them all into a single one...
    I can get the old BSOD back? Uncompressed wallpapers? Windows has a built-in, context menu, calclate-hash function?! DISABLE THE "- shortcut" TEXT?! Come on! :ouch:

Man... this love-hate relationship is taxing.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  2. imdb

imdb Registered Member

uh-huh, that's why you should never mess with services on w10.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.