---The Best Hips---

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by faenil, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faenil

faenil Registered Member

Hi guys I wanted to know which is the best Hips software...

I tried prevx 1 but I also heard about ssm and oa...

Which is the best?

If you know other hips, plz tell me ^^

I'm an expert user and I'm using Nod32

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Try ProcessGuard and SSM first to see for yourself how much expert user you really are. Prevx1 was the easiest one and can be used by housewives. The best HIPS is the one you understand.

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Indeed! And also the one that satisfies your security needs. Conduct local tests if you're so inclined to weight the results.

Personally i find SYSTEM SAFETY MONITOR not only FORMIDABLE but FUN now. The color highlighting to it's monitoring lines adds some interest that makes items easier to identify. If you are ok with occasional prompt boxes to set your own rules you are well on your way to FREEDOM from forced intrusions as well as learning more how important it is to educate yourself on the what and why of certain data passing thru your good machine.

ALL THE BEST :thumb:

EASTER

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That's why I bought Prevx1 for one year. I don't understand SSM and Prevx1 gives me enough time to learn, to understand and to play with SSM gradually at my own tempo. :)

5. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

SSM payed version simply the best for users who understand what they are doing (Full PC control) also the v 3.0 of AntiHook looks pretty nice but it is not released yet. :cool:

6. gevin

gevin Registered Member

Online Armor is a good plus user friendly HIPS too, a must try. easy to use, process block popup easy to understand with good details. Tall Emu testing their beta version with firewall currently. when come out, i thing it will be a great piece of art. :) can't wait.

7. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

What about Cyberhawk?

8. faenil

faenil Registered Member

Ok I've got nod32 now...

I'll add SuperAntiSpyware, Jetico (or Comodo, tell me your opinion) and SSM paid version.
    Are they ok?

9. faenil

faenil Registered Member

Did Comodo pass the Shieldup! test?

10. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Good choice.
    - Comodo is more user friendly (some FF experts of Wilders don't install it any more for whatever reason). Jetico is lighter but mucho more configurable than Comodo. Needs more user interaction.
    - SSM paid we don't need to discuss, there is no better HIPS out there.
    - SAS, very good. I personal use BoClean and a second on demmand scanner in case of whatever.

As you see in my signature i like a security setup which gives me control of each security related movement on my machine.

11. faenil

faenil Registered Member

Is boclean better than SAS?

If so, do u think a-squared is better than Sas at on demand scanning?

I'll choose Comodo because I'm not the only one to use the computer

Thanks in advance:D

12. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

I personal think yes, as also a lot here in Wilders are absolut PRO BoClean. I personal never have seen an AT-Test in which BoClean was included. So i can't tell you hard facts based on those competitions. Also have in mind that Boclean has only (smile) a real time shield, and not an on demmand scanner.
    Same answer as above. I just feel secure with my choice and i like a2 too.

My combination of secure setup never had let me down (what one does not catch, catches the other), and it is for sure not the badest one, but the basics are all not freeware.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2006
  13. faenil

faenil Registered Member

I'm gonna buy prevx1 individual because ssm is too expensive...can I reach the same security level with prevx and another software?

If so, which one?

14. kr4ey

kr4ey Registered Member

I have been using Neoava Guard Beta 2 for the last week and am very impressed. It will be even better when the new GUI is released.

Rick

15. faenil

faenil Registered Member

Tommy I'm waiting for your comment:D

16. faenil

faenil Registered Member

What about SSM free and another software? Or is there any other soluzion to cover the layers that ssm paid version covers?

Plz tell me what's better if I don't wanna buy ssm...

Thank you

17. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

You said it all, no comments needed :).
    Neoava is and will be a very powerfull HIPS, and has chances to beat even the well known ones.
    But for now i am using SSM paid which is for now and without doubt and discussion the best.

18. faenil

faenil Registered Member

It's ok but I don't want to pay for ssm...

Do u suggest download Neova?

19. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Wait till the next Beta with the new GUI, which will be available soon. For now the handling is not for common PC user and still has some bugs, or use SSM Free.

20. faenil

faenil Registered Member

I think it's better to repeat the question...

If I install ssm free, which program can I install so that they both will cover all the security layers that ssm paid covers by itself?

21. muf

muf Registered Member

Discussion forums would all be single post threads if that comment were true. I mean you say it's the best. At what? Best low resource? Best configurability? Best at being too complicated to use? Best at compatibility? Best at most popup requests? Best at ease of use?

You see, saying best is sort of like saying "A Ferrari is the best car in the world". Well it's all relative you see, because a man who makes that comment might say "It's the best because it looks good, goes fast and is a chick magnet." Well a woman might say she doesn't need a chick magnet. A company rep may say thay don't need something totally uncomfortable and a timid 60 year old woman will say they don't need something that goes like a bat out of hell. Most people who drive a car drive one because it suites their needs. They can control it, it does what it is intended to do and they can handle the amount of maintainance it requires. This analogy pretty much sums up a HIPS and why we use a particular one.

There is no best, there is doubt and it is open for discussion. We all have different requirements in what we want from our HIPS. We all think our HIPS is the best, and we all think we are right in using the HIPS we do. None of us are right. We simply use what suites our needs, and most importantly, what we understand.

muf

22. Tommy

Tommy Registered Member

Well i refrase and say:
    For me Porsche is the best sports car, Mercedes the best luxuary car, Argentine the best country to live, my girlfriend the best and most beautiful woman and SSM the best HIPS.

23. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

Very wise words muf :)

I have used SSM, it feels good, but not that stability I got with PG free, but I try to keep hanging on with it, building rules.
    I try to say to SSM, when it gets in a loop or something, asking again and again and again me the same question when obviously a program gets being hanging.
    Then I finally answer some stupid reply?

Needs a lot to check after if I have not, done that?
    So all is relative, what we are used to and are comfortable.

24. muf

muf Registered Member

Some very nice things you choose there. I will take your word for it about your girlfriend but I'm sure you are right! ;)

muf

25. muf

muf Registered Member

Oh, and I want to make one thing clear. I'm not anti-SSM. I've used it, liked it and think it's a brilliant piece of software. :)

muf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.