The Best Disk Cleaner

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DVD+R, Dec 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Tired of using Disk Cleaners that just dont seem to remove all that Junk? Then try Sweepi :ninja: An Excellent Disk Cleaner from those most excellent Swiss People and their Product Sweepi :D :cool:

http://www.yooapps.ch/?=&l=E&

2. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

thanks, just give it a whirl , something for advanced users,mark so many files as superfluous,also find all the temp. files that CCleaner and ATFcleaner just ignored ,so whats the deal for an average user with the danger screwing up the system,w.o.w. you have to know quite a lot about Windows in using this thingy.
    IMO in the right hands it will be a tool that will beat the others out there in terms of thoroughness of cleaning your disk.

3. Hairy Coo

Hairy Coo Registered Member

Threw caution to the wind and let it have its head(with a few exceptions)

It deleted 428MB :doubt:

So far everything is working-hope it knows what its doing,as I cant see anyway to check the actual entries prior to deletion. o_O

The safeguard is that the deletions can be sent to the recycle bin ,for restore if necessary.

4. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    I tried the others, but for now I just decided to use only one...and only one registry cleaner, so just in case something wrong happens to my pc then I can easily know the "suspect". I just trust Registry Mechanic, it has features that automatically makes system restore point before it cleans up, so this makes it safe than others...besides I think their latest version is more safer to use now than before, I mean, it just becomes more and more careful of deleting things. :D

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I use an archive to clean my system partition : fast, complete and safe without my mistakes. :)

6. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

just for the fun of it,try to scan your beloved pristine archives with Sweepy,see the results and post back !!

7. ErikAlbert

Had too many installing problems, mainly registries and ended up with a corrupted installation, that didn't work. FDISR cleaned the mess. :)

8. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Note. PC Tools Registry Mechanic, (if we're both talking about the same app) will automatically renew your annual registration without asking you, unless you were sharp enough to notice a radio button on their purchase link telling you to uncheck the radio button if you DON'T want automatic annual re- registering. I didn't see it, and a year later got a e-mail receipt for another year registration charged to my Visa card. I had to navigate their support pages until I found a page where I could send a firm letter telling them not to renew. I got an acknowledgement a few days later giving my card credit. Cute eh?:eek:

9. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

The best one ? IMO, it is still in the incubator at somewhere.

Reliable and better ones ? plenty. But use them with extreme caution as do with registry cleaners. I have found these worth exploring:

East Tec Eraser, Anti Tracks, R-Wipe and Window Washer (all referred to recent versions).

Take care.

10. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

IMO best way to stay clean is always to update [revert back] from an archive untouched from the time of its creation,such as Erik uses FDISR.

This is also a special case where there is a personal need to keep his "worksnapshot " unchanged over time.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  11. ErikAlbert

You understand me very well, that is exactly the reason, why I use an archive = fresh installed and unused system partition, nothing beats that and a very safe cleaning as well.

12. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

Archive again ?

Have you guys ever updated your archive ? if yes, do you use internet browser to surf? and d/l data/programs ? Do you in this process pick up temp files, tracking cookies etc? and then how do you clean these temp stuff ?

Using previous archive for this purpose again ? tell me how.

FD-ISR is an excellent prog, I used it for a long time until that miserable moment. I know for sure it is NOT an universal app for any occasions.

Disk cleaner is NOT a mighty app, by the same token, but it has its value to stay around.

Take care.

13. ErikAlbert

I don't use archives like you do and that makes the difference.

14. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

if the initial archive is already compromised at the moment it is created,then thats the end of the story,but if the clean install is really clean and only the work app. on it,and no internet,and never changed by copy/update from current or other snapshot to archive,then by way of logic because its a one way traffic,the archive stay pristine and would not change one bit.

15. Hairy Coo

As mentioned,I ran Sweepi with most cleaning options enabled and the result was a staggering 428MBs of deletions,which included only a small amount of temp.internet files.

Prior to this,a clean had been made with CC Cleaner.

I was expecting the worst,especially as I had accidentaly emptied the deletions from the Bin .

But the computer is working perfectly!

So Sweepi can be described either as super efficient or aggressive,but it sure works.

There are restore safeguards with this.

Worth trying.

16. Long View

Long View Registered Member

Untouched from the time of its creation ? so no windows updates ? still using Firefox 1.00 etc etc . Even then this presupposes that the original install is clean and not poorly written ? The amount of junk that MS Office installs as dead ends is unbelievable.

No in practical terms I understand what you mean but the only real way to have a clean archive is not to go back to it but to periodically go back to a basic image of windows - which is then patched to date without all the irrelevant patches that have been installed and to then install the "latest" versions of programs to be used. This image will, of course, soon be out of date itself and so the cycle starts again. I know that this can be time consuming but worth it in my view.

17. ErikAlbert

That's not how I do it, but it takes too long to explain it.

18. markymoo

markymoo Registered Member

thanks for this. a hardcore junk cleaner. a thumbs up i like it.

19. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

an archive can be a basic windows fresh install to work with,it demands almost nothing on patches,no need for security updates[office or thirth party security],whats left is app. updates once in a while,thats it.Understand your current working snapshot can be a pure basic windows,it has his twin brother as an archive on another location,in this closed loop environment they are real twins,they cannot bear to be parted for a second. note that this works only if you can export your personal data to another part. or another drive.

In the light of garbage piling up,just the updating from this clean archive deleted all this. as this was the initial suggestion done by me, how to get rid the best and complete way,using FDISR in a special way.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2007
  20. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

STOP!! :mad: I made this thread for Sweepi :isay: NOT! to discuss FD-ISR and how it archives, post in the FD-ISR thread if you want to discusss it, and just leave this thread for Sweepi :mad: :rolleyes:

21. Hairy Coo

Its amazing how many threads seem to be side tracked back to FDISRo_O

22. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I agree. No more on FDISR in this thread please.

Pete

23. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Nice find DVD+R. Have been a user of CleanUp for quit come time. Giving Sweepi a shot. So far so good. Thanks :thumb:

24. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Sweepi doesnt seem special to me. It cleans certain locations and certain applications. Theres other programs that do the same.

25. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

It seems to me there are more places it cleans. Several different tmp locations also the index.dat. Until now I had not run across a cleaner that did this by default, if at all. I used to use a separate .dat cleaner. Not any more. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.