The Bat! Spam Filter Plug-Ins

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by puff-m-d, May 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Years ago I used The Bat! as my e-mail program of choice and used it for several years. A couple of years ago, for some reason (of which I do not remember now), I changed to Outlook 2007 when I got a free Office license (that could be the reason I changed). Outlook costs too much to update and has quit working with digital certificates when I upgraded to Windows 8, so I made the decision to go back to The Bat!. A lot has changed since then and I am now looking for a good spam filter plug-in for it. Does anyone use The Bat! with a spam filter plug-in that you would recommend? If so, why would you recommend it and please list the pros and cons of it in your opinion. I would really appreciate some of my fellow Wilders members opinions and recommendations on this. Thanks in advance...

2. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

The Bat! is made in Romania - used in Russia and eastern European countries. Its quite a decent e-mail program, comparable to Microsoft Outlook.

3. aldouspfc

aldouspfc Registered Member

I use the AntispamSniper plugin. I can't really think of any cons, it works really well.

4. pabrate

pabrate Registered Member

Same here, plugin works great.

5. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks guys...
    From the searching that I have done, I pretty much came to the conclusion to give the AntispamSniper plugin a shot, and your posts gave me that extra push. I was hoping for a free solution (I know there is a free version), but I am giving the paid version a try now.
    Do either of you have any opinions on the free versus the paid versions? If not, I will give the free a shot next and see what I think but I thought if either of you had good reviews on the paid over the free, I may consider purchasing. It is a lifetime license.
    I have to admit that I am really liking it so far.

6. aldouspfc

aldouspfc Registered Member

I've been using the paid version since 2006 so I don't remember what the free one was like I'm afraid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.