The Baron's Quiz

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by thebaron, Jun 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I owned a 50cc Honda when I was younger, had cars going past me laughing, when I looked behind to see why, there was a cyclist keeping up with me... doh! :rolleyes:

Cheers :D

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

embarrasing :oops:

3. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

ROFLMFAO Mate, I can sympathise with ya. :D

But I can beat that. This did NOT happen to ME but a mate of mine. TWICE, DIFFERENT OBJECTS.

He owned a Honda 125cc [just normal off road/street bike for work], anyway, he starts it up one day, drives out driveway and up the road.

He hears car horns beeping at him as they pass, and is thinking: "Gee, everyone is friendly today". He is also hearing at the same time, a rumbling noise but thinks it may be the tyres on the new stretch of bitumen they laid on road.

It was not until approx 1k [almost a mile] that a car passes, slows down and driver waves frantically at him so he stops.

Looks back and there caught on the extended rear tail lights/indicators, was his daughter's baby stroller/pram hooked, and it was travelling merrily down the road on all four wheels happy as larry, and inside, his daughter's 'Barbie' doll taking a nice smooth ride with wind blowing thru her hair. [she did have her eyes "fixed" in a wide stare though]... ROFL... :D :D

Next time it happened, it was the garbage 'wheelie bin' that got caught, but he picked this one up *only* a coulple of hundred metres down the road. ROFL..

Oh, also.... to top this off [he IS accident prone] came home one night, drunk, had tired/sore eyes, reached blindly for some eye drops in medicine cabinet, and promptly dropped in a couple of drops of "Super Glue" [crazy glue in USA o_O]...

That resulted in an emergency visit to doc.. had his eyelid GLUED SHUT for 2-3 days, until the natural fluids released it.... oh dear... :oops: :oops:

TAS.....

EDIT: We *still* give him some "stick" over that, and it happened almost 10 years ago.

EDIT AGAIN: Just remembered.. oh man.. this is funny. We had a new year's party one year, went to a mate's place with a pool. Having a swim and about 3.00 a.m... all drunk in pool, he says: "Hey Mick, I am hungry, got any snacks?"

Mick [mate's place] says sure. Puts a dish down near edge of pool, winks at us, and says help yourself. Our accident prone friend, reaches out, grabs a handful of little 'crunchies' and eats.... munching it down, says, this is great, bit salty, but great.. EATS THE LOT...

Yep, ya guessed it.... DRIED CAT FOOD, Whiska's Seafood Blend I believe it was....another :oops: :oops: :oops: moment..

Last edited: Jun 19, 2004
  4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. bigc73542

6. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I bought one ticket. Quick pick. One chance is all I need. :D

Do you have a Lotto in your neck of the woods?

7. bigc73542

No but the texas state line is just sixteen miles and you can get a ticket right there ;)

8. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

We have them daily up here in Canuckleland. :D :D

Only not with jackpots as big as your superlotto's down there. :eek:

Biggest one i ever saw here was about 40 million. ;)

Good Luck on that ticket ronjor. ;) :D

snowbound

9. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I have two brothers, one here in Texas, and another in New Jersey. The Powerball in New Jersey is up to $150 million.

Of course, we have a written in blood agreement to share the bounty. :D

10. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Thanks snowbound. I won eighty three dollars once. That's it. Pretty good return on a dollar. :)

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

OK! I've read all the answers......but I can't quite remember what the Quiz Question was!!.....

Oh! I remember now....No, Mortimer was the first name thought of by Walt but Mickeys first name is 'Mickey'.....you should have all got it....all the clues were there.....and I did say below Mensa 20... :D :D :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool:

12. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

:rolleyes: Sneaky!! :D Besides, I'm not young enough to know everything! :D

13. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Maybe next time. :) Someone in El Paso won the pot and I am not in El Paso so it can't be me.

14. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Well move to El Paso quick.....it might still be you if you hurry.... :D :D :D

Cochise, :cool: (Well known in England for not winning anything either)...Mmmm!..maybe if I moved to El Paso??....... ;)

15. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Cochise, you might want to reconsider your move. :D I am pretty sure it doesn't get like this
    in your part of the world.

16. bigc73542

High humidity and heat, nothing like it to kick your tail. :p

17. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hey! Ronjor my good friend, I think someone is talking a load of Texas type Tosh here....36 fl. ozs. of sweat amounts to 2 full Pints of liquid lost from the body every hour....consequently to compensate for that you would have to drink the equivalent of 2 Pints every hour to stay alive....apart from that, your shoes would be overflowing in minutes....can't think which would be worse, dying or having your shoes brimming with sweat all day, and another thing, the place would look like giant Snails had invaded because everyone would be leaving these steaming sweaty slicks wherever they went....people would be aslippin' and aslidin' all over the place...... :D....Change the name to 'El Skiddo'...... :D :D :D

In England we get 36fl.ozs. of water forced through our skin from the outside in (Rain).

Cochise, :D

18. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

It's that time again. Bigc, better make the drive.

Lotto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.