The AVG link scanner can not protect against the java exploit webpage

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by a256886572008, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. a256886572008

a256886572008 Registered Member

I went to the exploit url, comodo popuped alert windows, but AVG link scanner did not.

:eek:

ci93.png

Then, I clcked on the button, "scan address", the result is clean.

:'(

ci95.png

2. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

Wasn't in the database.

3. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Does AVG LinkScanner provide any sort of behavior analyzing, or at least heuristics?

4. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Did you test COMODO and LinkScanner at the exact same time? I mean, were they both enabled at the same time?

I'm asking because what could have happened is that, by the time you tested the URL with LinkScanner, it was already down?

I tried to verify the URL with other services, but it seems to be down. Wepawet flagged it as malicious, but now it can't analyze it, at all.

-http://wepawet.iseclab.org/view.php?hash=e2e0637381d6b50fbac87e88134e7b76&t=1317266500&type=js

Or, it could be that malware authors are protecting their URLs from URL scanners such as LinkScanner? It wouldn't be the first time.

You could try and contact AVG and provide them the exploit, if you got it and see if they can do anything about it?

5. m0unds

m0unds Guest

imo, that should have been the OP's first order of business, if he/she is actually concerned about the lack of detection of a java exploit. the only way the vendor can know there's an issue or provide support is if you contact them. unfortunately, that seems to be an afterthought most of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.