"The archive is corrupted" error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by BudInMissouri, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BudInMissouri

BudInMissouri Registered Member

Anytime I make a backup using anything other than the "sector by sector" option I get the following error upon trying to validate or restore the archive:

E00070020 The archive is corrupted

Does anyone have any advice regarding what either myself or Acronis 11 is doing wrong?

Thanks,
    BudInMissouri

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

The "corrupted" error usually means that TI cannot read the archive into memory properly, recalculate the many checksums and successfully compare them to the original checksums stored in the file. Only 1 bad bit in one checksum of the 4000/GB of data will render the archive corrupted.

The issue in your case is a bit unusual I think in that the sector-by-sector works.

Does the validate fail when running in Windows or have you only validated the archive with the TI11 rescue CD when attempting a restore?

If you are creating the archive in Windows try creating it using the TI11 rescue CD. This puts Windows out of the picture and may provide a clue.

Where are you storing your archive, internal HD, external USB HD, DVD, ...?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello BudInMissouri and seekforever,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that corrupted archives could be created because there are some bad sectors or unreadable data resides on your HDD.

Please perform the following operations:

-Check the disks for errors

Go to the Command Prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd)
    Enter the command: "chkdsk DISK: /r"
    where DISK is the partition letter you need to check. Please note, that
    checking the C: drive may require you to reboot the machine.

-Change the backup location (for example save your backup to the internal HDD instead external)

-Change the type of backup (for example if you performed full backup try to make e-mail backup)

-Please try to perform the operations using Acronis Bootable Media. To create it please follow: Tools -> Create bootable rescue media. Then boot your machine from it and you will be able to use Acronis True Image Home without booting any OS.
    Acronis Bootable Rescue Media is a standalone version of Acronis True Image Home, burned onto a CD and based on a Linux operating system.

Please try to validate your archive after each step and let us know the results.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Nikolsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.