The answer to drives not being detected

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Earthling, Dec 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

When I was struggling to get Acronis working I was advised to create either a BartPE or VistaPE boot disk with an Acronis plug-in. I tried BartPE and created a coaster so didn't go any further. Big mistake.

This evening I created a VistaPE boot disk with ATI 11 plug-in and for the first time Acronis is working as it is intended to, and all my drives and network locations appear exactly as they do in Vista.

Having paid for Acronis none of this should be necessary, but if you've got it and it isn't working properly on your comp, which is a very common situation with SATA drives, this is the complete answer.

There is a download involved which costs $4.99, about £2.50.

2. Wathen

Wathen Registered Member

I'm having this same issue with my new motherboard - Asus P5K-E using the new ICH9 controller. I'm currently using version 10 of Acronis. I'm able to create and validate backup images, but the drives are not seen using the Acronis boot CD. I believe that my only option is to copy the image(s) to an external IDE HD via the USB port.

3. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

When I was on v10, booting from the Rescue CD in Full mode my SATA drives were not seen, but in Safe mode they were.

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

It is not a SATA drive problem in the strictest sense, it is a controller chipset model problem. I have been using TI since verion 9 with SATA drives. The reason for Safe mode working is that it uses a form of DOS that obviously has the required driver support; the Full mode uses Linux which, in your case, doesn't have the required drivers included. The hit and miss Linux driver support is the Achilles Heel of TI.

5. Wathen

Wathen Registered Member

I successfully created a Bart PE disk and I was able to validate my image files from the Bart disk. The first time I tried, I made a coaster because I did not have the chipset drivers in the right place. I had placed them in the custom location when you start the program. Looking at the folder structures, I noticed a couple of folders here:
    C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\SCSIAdapter
    C:\pebuilder3110a\drivers\Net
    I placed the chipset drivers in the first one for SCSIAdapter. These would be the F6 files during install. Since I noticed the Net folder, I also placed my network card drivers there. Both require you to place them in a folder in that directory. The Acronis files I placed in this folder:
    C:\pebuilder3110a\plugin\acronis
    I simply created the folder "acronis" and copied them over from my C:\Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\BartPE location.

By the way, I'm using version 10 Home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.