That's enough.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by progress, Jun 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Registered Member

It would be nice to have the ability to remove IE.

But realistically, I would probably have it installed most of the time even if it could be uninstalled.

At this time I have IE8, Firefox 3.5, and Opera 9.64 installed.

2. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

But how much of this is EU, and how much is a MS rant/whine.
    I mean, did the Commission actually demand the removal of IE, or is MS saying they'll remove the problem altogether on their own initiative? (so it's the OEM that bundles IE on "their own initiative").

It's a nice fait divers.

3. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Oh I fully believe a lot of it is your standard MS rant. The EU is going overboard in a HUGE way of course, but a big percentage of this is your usual "Down with MS!" cries from the, well, hate to put it this way, but, the stupid. Someone give me a good enough reason why MS SHOULDN'T include not only their browser, but their media player, Office software, whatever on their OWN operating system? It's simple business, not anti-competition.

Wouldn't you guys, if you made and were proud of your own OS to include your other software created by you? No one has to like the software, you simply just put it out there for people to use, enjoy, and, hopefully, you make some cash from it. Again, MS is no innocent lamb, but they are far too often being led to the slaughter now.

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

:thumb: :thumb:
    Ya
    the corollary of course is the goobers who put pages up "optimized" for IE and hence participate and support the -non- standards.
    It's a bit tinhattish but I wonder whether MS offers some 'inducements' for same.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I do agree with you. If I had a product on the market I don't think I should have to remove part of it just because someone else doesn't like the way I have it included in my product. If they don't like it they don't have to use my product, end of story.

bigc

P.S.>> I don't like IE, and I just don't have to use it. Opera all the way since version 2.0

6. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.