Thanks to everyone at wilders

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by snowbound, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi everyone :D

I just wanted to take a few minutes to thank everyone at wilders forums.
    I have only owned a computer now for 6 months. When i first went online i knew nothing of internet security. I went online with barely any protection and well u can guess what happened. 2 months later my computer was full spyware,viruses and other baddies.

After i got a friend to clean it all out for me, i decided it is time to get some big time protection. So i searched the net and found wilders forums.

I have learned so much from these forums. For me it is the best place on the information highway. I have acquired all the essential tools i need to protect my box from all the nasty things out there. (i hope) ;)

Yesterday i made my first post here at wilders. I needed help with my highjack this log.
    I want to thank pieter and optigrab for helping me with this. I got a clean bill of health! ;)
    I would also like to thank Low Water Mark for his posts on how to setup ZA. Without them i wouldn't have a clue. I truly am a newbie in all sense of the word.

So thank u everyone for all the easy to understand insight into internet security. I was late getting on the computer train(46 yrs old). I still have a lot to learn. I think i'm turning into a security nut! ;)

They even make me laugh sometimes! :D
    (That ones for u Mr. Blaze)

A special thanks to Paul Wilders
    U have done a good thing here.

God bless everyone and your familys

Best regards
    Snowbound

2. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

:D

What a great post!

Best regards to yours, as well, Snowbound! And here's to your "journey of computer security knowledge"!

:D

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Thanks for becoming a member! More smiling faces :D are always welcome.

Glad to hear the PC seems to be much healthier now, and hope it stays that way. Hangin' around here isn't a half bad way to make it happen ;)

Lookin' forward to seeing you around!

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

lol...it's addictive, isn't it!

We are always learning, and sharing what we've learned....it's the only way to stay one step ahead of the nasties out there.

Glad to have you with us snowbound! :D

snap

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi snowbound,

Thanks for the compliment - on behalf of our staff (and indeed: staff members are very knowledgeable ;) ).

Welcome to our community once more: you are a member from the clan in the meanwhile ;).

Over here on this board, there are no stupid questions - so fire away :). Be assured our goal and intention is to provide info and help in a friendly way - we'd like to see members/visitors and posters to feel comfortable and at ease over here. The human factor is a real one, and we do cherish it ;)

regards,

paul

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

:Dyeah this place is newbie frindly

and and great group of easy going people

but its also addicting being here lol :D

7. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi everybody!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I really feel like part of the clan now. I really look forward to observing and hopefully participating in all these wonderful discussions on internet security.
    Hopefully i can help someone out there too. I hope to gain valuable knowledge from all the great members and staff.
    In the past i have been flamed out of a forum just for being a newbie. It is nice to come to a place where like paul says the human factor is important.

So like JimIT's post always says " A good bug is a dead bug", i couldn't agree with that more! ;)

Thanks again everyone,see u in the forums.

Take care and be safe
    Snowbound

8. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Welcome to the wilders Snowbound!

I'm sure you will learn a lot here. ;)
    I was also a "newby" when I started here last year.
    Although I still have more to learn, I already learned a big deal here. Enjoy the forum!

Uguel :)

9. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Heya Snowbound,

Welcome from me too !!! :)
    We all have been newbies, and we all are still a newbie in some field: nobody can know everything ;)

Cheers, Jan.

10. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

I more I learn about pc security, the more I realize that I really don’t know that much. The day someone thinks that they finally know "enough" is probably the day that they get nailed.

Acadia

11. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

I totally agree with Acadia. Never make the mistake of assuming you know all you need to know. There's always something more to learn. Even after being a member of the Wilders family for over a year, and even with all I've learned, I still consider myself a "newbie" when it comes to PC Security, and I'm always hoping to learn more. And with the knowledgable folks here, it's easy, and fun too!!! :D :D :D

12. sig

sig Registered Member

Well one shouldn't be afraid to ask questions. The atmosphere here I think is conducive to people asking questions they might be hesitant to ask elsewhere. The answers they get may not only help them but perhaps also who knows how many readers/lurkers who may rarely if ever post.

Any person who thinks he/she knows everything about anything simply hasn't given the subject enough thought. ;) :D

13. JayK

JayK Poster

Censored

14. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Agreed, plus they've got a huge ego.

Acadia

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.