Thanks, NOD32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Rarely do I run across viruses / trojans. But apparently today I recieved a junk email that contained one. NOD32 caught it. I did a full scan of my PC - no infection found. Thanks NOD32! :D

Can anyone explain what this was? Was it actually ever on my computer? o_O

Screenshot removed because it contained a link to a virus

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2004
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi,
    the trojan was detected by the HTTP scanner before the file was actually written to the disk. Please refrain from posting exact links to viruses in the future.

3. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Oops. Sorry Marcos. :oops:

4. nod32_9

nod32_9 Guest

A good AV will prevent the user from opening/executing an infected email. If you click on the infected email, then the AV will alert you that the email is BAD and allow you to quarantine, repair, or delete the email.

Some people gets a warm and fuzzy feeling with the HTTP scanner. In the end, it really doesn't matter. The user will delete the email, or the AV scanner will block the email when there is an attempt to open the content. Pesonally, I would like the ability to review the suspect email. Two brains are always better than one.

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

The great thing about NOD is you don't have to use every module. It's there if you feel you need it.

6. 0pium_Dealer

0pium_Dealer Registered Member

What does this mean?

Your email is set to display in html format, and NOD detected the virus?

My emails are all converted into plain text, would NOD have picked this up in my email if it contained a virus?

Occasionally, I convert some of my plain email back to html format....I would hate to have NOD missing it, and have my PC infected when changing my emails from plain to html format...

7. ShunterAlhena

ShunterAlhena Registered Member

As far as I know, IMON (by default) scans all inbound on Port 110. So no matter if you receive plaintext or HTML, it is scanned and disinfected if needed. "HTML scanner" is a mere name, it doesn't mean it only scans HTML files.

8. Mack Jones

Mack Jones Registered Member

Agreed, yes.

After more than one year of use, NOD32 still impresses me thanks to its detection hability and its speed.
    Really impressive, I'll never switch back to the former king KAV.

Thanks to Paul Wilders for his site, I discovered NOD in it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.