Thanks DDS10 and OS Selector - multibooting 3 os'es

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by anyday, Feb 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anyday

anyday Registered Member

Thanks to DDS10 and OS Selector I have my new Dell XPS M1530 laptop multibooting three different OS'es (Ubuntu, XP and Vista).

It took a day but I used a procedure similar to my previous post for help ( https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=201217 ) where I installed an OS and made an image and then reactivated/updated OS Selector to get the Boot Menu with the new OS as an option.

2. cortez

cortez Registered Member

Hello anyday: now that you are able to configure a Dell set up (with Linux no less) you are in the position to record your minutia (now that your recollection of the 'entire thread event' is good) and you will be of good service to others on this forum that have your particular (or similar) machine.

I mention "minutia" as many users must not only need to be "spoon fed" but also (very much like older folks with dementia) be told to "chew" then followed by the command to "swallow" to progressively complete a meal.

Many of us users can get many procedures to work using generalized instructions but on occasion need "intensive spoon feeding" so to say.

Perhaps this can be generalized with other solutions posted on this forum to create a "Dell" DD10 database as many users are very attracted to Dell products.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.