Thank You True Image!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SteveBlanchard, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveBlanchard

SteveBlanchard Registered Member

Having a terrible day on Friday, couldn't sleep, debit card refused and then the wife phones me at work to say "Darling, the computers got an error on it."
    OMG, what error :argh:
    "isass.exe bad image"
    How the ... did the sasser worm get on a stealthed PC with up to date security?
    did a google at work, perhaps it its lsass.exe?

Anyway, went to work straight away on the PC when I got home, it was lsass.exe bad image. So tried the fixes for lsass.exe bad image - none of the safe mode work arounds worked :'(

So got my True Image disk out, booted from the drive and found the faulty file and copied that over, re booted the PC and no, that didn't work. So I had no choice but to do a full image recovery, knowing I would loose any data from the last week, but that is a small price to pay considering I could have lost all my photos, emails and documents by a full system rebuild (I have a Dell).

An hour or so later and I was back in operation, I recovered the emails we lost from my google mail catch-all and everything is fine.

So 10/10 Acronis for True Image :thumb: :thumb: :D

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SteveBlanchard,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup software

Thank you very much for your comments and sharing your experience.

--
    Michael Levchenko

3. domg

domg Registered Member

Steve -- You would have gone one better still if you had partitioned your drive into C: (for the OS) and D: (just for storage and data). Then you can easily restore whole operating system on drive C: without touching any of the data on D:
    It's a doddle -- and though luckily I've never yet had a virus, I've often used Acronis just to pop back yesterday's Drive C: for example if a new piece of software has misbehaved & has not maybe uninstalled 100%.
    For partitioning I use Partition Magic, bought & now sold by Symantec, basically because it's so easy; but there are many other ways of creating partitions -- & Windows itself will also do the job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.