Thank you for the $350 paper weight.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Burningmad, Jul 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burningmad

Burningmad Registered Member

I dunno where to put this, so I will just vex my rage here before buying a new phone.

I installed mobile security 25 days ago, the trial version. Admittedly half consciously while watching a movie with a few friends. It was the demo version, 30 day trial. This is on my Android HTC V. I was paying half attention, and just wasn't really realizing how demanding this thing was.

After not really using it or paying much attention to it, nearly a month later I just decided to delete it. and after deleting it, much like any other app I suddenly get completely locked out of my phone. It demands a password I can't even remember, or a friends phone number i never set up.

Again I admit, the fault is mine.

However, making everything so absolute, so impossible to backtrack, to email a new password, to have "some" other work around, for there to be not. any. other. way. of bypassing this, is totally insane. I now have a phone I cannot use, everything on it is lost, and nearly $350 is down the drain.

I've been at the computer for 12 hours trying to find another work around, and I finally admit defeat. I will never use this product again, ever. For what its worth, It works great, To bad forgetting a few simple words can turn the product on the user, instead of a thief.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Which software are you talking about?

3. NGRhodes

NGRhodes Registered Member

Hi,

What is "mobile security" - do you have a link to the version you installed ?
    What do you mean by "just wasn't really realizing how demanding this thing was" ?
    When you say "It demands a password I can't even remember, or a friends phone number i never set up" could you be more specific, what is it (the app you have tried to delete ?)? and when does it happen ?

I think the best thing to do is try a factory reset, if you can get into the settings of your phone.
    Failling that, you can try a hard reset from the boot loader (power your phone on with volume down button held down and you should get a menu with an option to clear or reset).

Cheers, Nick

4. LenC

LenC Registered Member

And if that doesn't work, can't your service provider help you reset the phone?

5. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

You've been at the computer for 12 hours and couldn't do a Google search? :)

Here is the solution: Click here

If the device is locking up consistently or generally unusable, you may perform a factory reset using the hardware keys.

With the device powered off, press and hold the VOLUME DOWN key.
    While continuing to hold VOLUME DOWN, press the POWER key for 10 seconds. You will see the Back, Home and Recent apps keys blink while holding down the POWER key.
    When the keys have finished blinking, release the POWER key. While still holding VOLUME DOWN, press and release the POWER key one more time.
    When the screen with the three Androids is displayed, release the VOLUME DOWN key.
    Press VOLUME DOWN to select FACTORY RESET, and then press the POWER key.

You will lose all non-factory data from the phone but some of them(like contacts) are synchronized with your Google account. Next time choose a better password or better application.

6. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

You're pretty much never going to be locked out of your system on a non-rooted android.

The recovery system is there for a reason.

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

One & done thank you. :D

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

That's what i like about Androids, their flexibility. Even if you screw up the whole phone software wise (Not bricking) you can always just master reset it.
    And even if you brick it, most of the times you can still recover it. :thumb: :D

BTW, i highly recommend you to follow Narxis post, you will be surprised by the results. ;)

The next time you can try Googling HTC V hardware button reset.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.