Thank You Blackspear

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mannaggia, May 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manOFpeace

manOFpeace Registered Member

My thanks also to a most willing and able helper. Thanks Blackspear. ;)

2. tisazalay

tisazalay Registered Member

Thanks BS, your tutorial was really helpful, I'm changing the settings for your recomendations, the only one I'm scaling down is the Advanced heuristics, because as it's stated, it does slow down the scanning speed.

One question still remains in my mind (that was placed before), is that one post mentions the ESET defaults provide maximum protection, I'm pretty sure your settings provide more protection (for example, deleting viruses right away), but are ESET standard settings fair enough for the common user?

Thanks again for your nicely done tutorial...:thumbsup:

tisazalay

3. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Yes, they are. Here is what Marcos posted in another thread (scroll down to post #16):
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=78903

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for your kind words, they are appreciated, and the pleasure is all mine.

I went to sleep, it was 12.30am and time to get some kip ;) :D

This is scanning speed for a “Clean” of your system, in which case it remains a recommendation, I’m not concerned that it takes a little longer to be more thorough while cleaning ;) :D

They indeed are pretty close to maximum, you will see that I tick “Potentially dangerous applications” in the various modules. The new version 2.5 is set a lot stronger than it predecessor, I’m impressed :D

We have a great product here, and if I can help make the use of Nod32 that much easier then I will. Simply having users that help out is a fantastic value to this forum, and something that is greatly appreciated. I see Eset staff here on their time off helping out with advice, I know the time zones, and people such as Marcos do a fantastic service to this forum and Nod32 with the hours he puts in. We now have the expertise of Happy Bytes amongst us; his viral knowledge is unsurpassed (if I must say so myself) and he makes for a great addition to the forum as well.

Cheers :D

5. bsilva

bsilva Registered Member

I also would like to thank, Blackspear for all his help. I hope you get paid the big bucks. :p

6. Blackspear

Thanks Brian.

Cheers :D

7. Blackspear

Off topic posts have been removed.

This thread has been closed while a Member and guest are given a chance to cool down. It will be reopened by an Admin when they feel things have settled enough.

Blackspear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.