Thank you Acronis!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sleek, Aug 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sleek

sleek Registered Member

Having recently purchased Acronis True Image, I was in doubt whether it would really work when I needed it to.

Well, last week, my operating system went down and using a full disk image, I was able to restore everything to the way it was in less than half an hour. For me anyway, Acronis worked exactly as advertised. I used the "full" version of a rescue CD and restored an image off an external USB hard drive.

System details:
    Acronis True Image 8.0 (build 889)
    Dell Dimension 4700
    Windows XP SP2
    Western Digital External USB Hard Drive (80 GB dual option)

Note: A good tip is to check your image immediately after creating it as on my system that takes about 15 minutes using the C: drive versus 3 to 4 hours to check it as indicated by the rescue CD (something to do with USB drivers?).I skipped this as I had already checked the image when I had created it. However, this issue did not seem to affect the actual restore as that was done in under thirty minutes.
    Also, the external USB drive should be powered up before powering up the computer.

Thank you again Acronis.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sleek,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I'm very glad to hear that Acronis True Image 8.0 is so helpful application for you and you are satisfied with it's work. Our teams working hard to create a good and reliable software that works fine on many computers all over the world.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.