testing

Discussion in 'Test Forum' started by catnmouse, Oct 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catnmouse

catnmouse Registered Member

i really really need some help! Sorry, not computer savy and it's not letting me start a new thread. Someone has loaded possibly a trojan horse on 4 computers that I operate. I need to know how to locate and remove this from these computers. I know this to be fact because they follow me to each site that I log onto on any of these computers.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2007
  2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

what happens exactly when u try to start a thread? Error messages? Something else? Is there any other suspicious activity happening on these computers?

What security apps are u running, if any? Have u done any scans for malware?

Sorry for all the questions but the more details u give the better it is for us to help u.

snowbound

3. catnmouse

catnmouse Registered Member

It says I don't have posting access but I can post in "test".

I haven't done any scans and wouldn't know how. Know very little about computers. I know that at home I have Norton Antivirus. My suspicions are based on my own husband harrassing me on the internet and no matter which computer I'm on (home or elsewhere) he knows what sites I visit, at what time I'm visiting them, and knows the name that I go by. He has even made reference to being a "PI" and recording keystrokes. He blocked a message board so that I can't post on it. He obviously has help from another party because I know he's not that computer literate either.

4. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Welcome cnm,

Does your husband have "physical" access? Are the four all desktop's or there's a laptop throw in? Which of these os's are installed .... vista, xp, win2k, win9x, other? Go here, google image search. :cautious: Load up "hardware keylogger," observe, then carefully look at your computer's wired connection's. Do they all share something like what you were looking at?

"... no matter which computer I'm on (home or elsewhere) he knows what sites I visit, at what time I'm visiting them, and knows the name that I go by."

Elsewhere? The above is possible if you've been logging in to known e-addy's and, or, message board account's. If you suspect as I'm sure you must that these transmission's are under surveillance, then I suggest from a neutral computer, you create both fresh web e-addy's and mb username's one's you won't be logging into from any of the suspect. I would also suggest a higher level of discretion when explaning your situation on perhap's another security forum given the circumstance. Information from my opening section above would make for a fair start.

GF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.