Testing Windows Restore on Smaller Drive - How long does this take?

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by mcamp60, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcamp60

mcamp60 Registered Member

1st time user of backup software, 1st time user of Paragon Backup Suite 10.

I am testing paragon backup 10 suite to both understand how to use it and i hopefully get some clarity on the process, progress, and overall time to complete various tasks. I need some help understanding the boot drive restore process and approximately how long it should take:

I did the following:
    Made a backup of my win 7 pro drive (1TB containing OS & Apps which only has about 100mb + about 60GB) and 3 other drives. The backup resides on a 4th drive which exclusively contains the paragon capsule.
    Created a recover disk.
    Disconnected all drives except paragon capsule drive and added a clean 250gb drive.
    I inserted the recovery disk, started the restore process. (btw - normal restore didn’t work so i choose safe mode...seems to work)
    I selected the archives to restore. I was trying to get just my boot drive (c) but its a little confusing.
    I selected the destination drive (250gb) drive.
    Restore created the hidden 100 mb partition then it started on the remaining files (apps and stuff...i think). Here is the main problem: The progress bars are frozen during the restore and only seem to refresh when the coping is complete. I know this by the 100mb restore but when i get to the 2nd partition (60GB) the progress is frozen and the files seem to take for ever to copy.

Finally my questions:
    Am i doing this correctly?
    How long will this take?
    Will i have additional steps or issues since i am using a new smaller drive?

Sorry about the long posting and thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.