Testing TI

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by glicht, Dec 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glicht

glicht Registered Member

1. Can anyone recommend a safe way of testing TI restore functions. Beyond checking the partitions how can I verify that TI can actually restore them especially after a catastrophic failure.

2. Why does TI assign its own letter to the removable drive. I like to fix the windows assignment of the drive letter so that susequent hardware additions don't affect existing programs. It took me a while to get TI to work because of a mismatch between TI and Windows hard drive letter assignments. Will this situation effect me if I should add a second hard drive after creating a backup image of my first hard drive

3.Am I the only one who has trouble with the diagnostic probgrams e.g. SnaplATI_s_e.exe ; Acronis Report.exe provided by TI support. Both of these programs froze on me during problem testing.

2. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

The only secure way: before playing around with an image utilty like TI, make with an image utilty that you used before and is functionating well a full image on another, separate HD.

Ciao,

Smokey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.