Testing the Restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shoreview, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shoreview

shoreview Registered Member

Hi

I'm a new user and am cloning a SATA 320GB to another SATA 320GB internal drive in the same machine (cuz Xp doesn't let me do raid-1). I'm copying disk1->disk2, where disk1 has a FAT32 partition on it put there by Gateway for some restore they have, plus a NTFS 310GB partition.

Very impressed with speed of backup

Now I want to test it. I have a bootable CD I created. Anything wrong with shutting machine down, removing drive 1 temporarily and replacing it with drive 2 ? (or switching jumpers but it doesn't seem to have any - the SATA - would need to RTFM on master/slave)

Want to make sure the simple plan is sound

Thanks

2. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, shoreview

Welcome to Wilders and Acronis Forums

Do you what to test the backup Image Restore process? or do a test using the Clone tool by cloning SATA 1 to SATA 2?

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

3. shoreview

Hi, yes I have cloned a couple of times. Need to test restore

4. shoreview

Can anyone in tech support help me with this? I have cloned to internal SATA disk2. Now I want to test I can use that cloned disk 2 to boot the machine.
    Is that a reasonable goal? I know I can 'just try it' -I'd like to get my expectations set

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

I'm not sure I follow you ... the ONLY way to test it is to TRY it. o_O o_O

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, shoreview

The are only two the have, Pass or Fail. [see my sig :eek: ]

Joking apart Ralphie is right, the only way is to Try it to see if it was 100% successful.

That correct there are no jumpers, there is no Matser, Slave with SATA HDD's just SATA 1, 2, 3,4 etc, You can just remove SATA cable rather the HDD.

When you boot in to Windows with the Cloned HDD, wait to after the Warning to reboot [added new hardware] before you try using it.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.