Testing Kaspersky PURE on Windows 7 (64-bit)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Escalader, Sep 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Re: Kaspersky 2012 on Sale at Best Buy

As a test, I bought a 3 PC 1 year license.

It is Kaspersky PURE 2O11 in the cd jacket but in the "ABOUT" it is Version 9.1.0.124 (a.b)

Copy right 1997 to 2010.

Cost about $50 Canadian eh

Seems a good product. It is a suite.

2. Escalader

Re: Kaspersky 2012 on Sale at Best Buy

So I have installed Kapersky 2011 on my Notebook W7 64 bit.

Uninstalled Nod32 V5, that was mandatory (can't have 2 AV's)

Uninstalled OP FW Pro 7, that was NOT mandatory as the install allows the continued use of "other" 3rd party FW's. I may mess with that later.

So far I like the tool it is not slowing me down as I thought it might, it seems very comprehensive and does have a learning curve which I am slowly climbing! I can block and allow sites (like PeerBlock)
    It's seems to offer a RoboForm psw protection system (not tried that yet)

Before I removed Nod32 V5 I scanned full found zip, when I got this kav Pure working I scanned and found zip. Conclusion? I may be clean.

More later

Here for descriptive purposes only (I'm not advocating products only testing them) are the main feattures offered by KAV Pure:

3. Escalader

Hello Thread:

Have now removed KAV Pure V.10 124 (a.b).

Before continuing posting my reasons and test results I want to appologize for inadvertantly hijacking the orginal post. :oops:

I will ask the moderators for advice before continuing.

4. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

What happened here? PURE BUMPING?
    Just a question what is different between KIS and Pure?

5. hawki

hawki Registered Member

6. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

The management and Parental Control features are some of the best out there. The backup and encryption features are lacking and are better replaced with other tools. The password manager is just a re-branded Sticky Password. You are better off actually buying Sticky Password. It get updates.

7. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Pure is KIS + Backup, Encrypted file vault, File shredder, Password management and Control center for other pc's in your network using Kaspersky.
    Pure 2011 is still using the 2010 engine so it's kinda outdated. I read a while ago that they skipped a new Pure with 2011 engine and that they're working on Pure with 2012 engine, but it is not even in beta yet, so it might take a while. And even when it's released, 2013 engine will be around the corner for AV and IS, so I wouldn't recommend it. Other "Total Security/360" suites like Norton 360 usually run on an outdated engine as well, and the extra functions in these products are done better in stand-alone programs anyway, so they are kinda useless IMO.

8. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Correct on the Pure, it is quite outdated. For Norton it depends on how you look at it. From my understanding new technology goes into 360 first and then NIS is updated. So there will be a new 360 before there is another new NIS, but the current NIS that was just released is newer than the current 360 (but not by much).

In any case I absolutely agree that Pure and 360 are products that I would not use. The backup in either one is not suitable. :thumbd:

9. ziaul

ziaul Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.