testing Comodo PF 3.0 Beta, a few questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by _ab, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _ab

_ab Registered Member

Hi,

can someone confirm, that this program keeps crashing after giving some passoword protection? here it will, i had to reinstall it. Another issue: is it normal, that the FW has to be started by shortcut & it´s possible to shut it down by a normal user.

Isn´t it supposed to run under administrator rights?
    Or is it nor recommended to use it at all, still being a beta? Yes, i read the warning about the beta state, so does anyone here already use it as "real" firewall?

2. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I used Comodo 2.4 for months and just intalled Beta 3.0.7.208 and then 3.0.7.214 (last night).

The firewall should definitely start automatically - no requirement to start manually. Something is definitely wrong if it doesn't start automatically when you power up the system.

A possible problem is that Windows Security Center doesn't 'see' the Comodo beta firewall. I have WSC disabled. Perhaps that why the firewall doesn't aut-start for you. When the final Comodo 3 version is finished, it will be recognized by the Security Center.

In all installation instances:
    - Download the firewall program.
    - Disconnect from internet.
    - Uninstall/disable the current firewall.
    - Restart the PC without internet connection.
    - Install Comodo.
    - Restart the PC with internet connection.

You can manually exit the firewall any time you wish, with the usual yes/no prompt.

If you continue to have problems with the beta firewall, Comodo 2.4 was quite stable and offers pretty good protection.

Hope this helps!

3. _ab

_ab Registered Member

hi, yeah thx. It now starts by link in autostart. Security center is not used here. But now CPF 3 is running ok, only one has to avoid to use password protection, which crashes (@ least here)

4. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Remember this is still in beta, and should not be considered yet to be fully protecting/working well enough for you to use. I would say it's perfect for people who love to test and would want to report any problems to Comodo to improve the software.

5. _ab

_ab Registered Member

yeah, but it works nice already, i don´t think that there are actually protection holes, rather some crashes & minor cosmetics.

6. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

The wretched thing stopped my PC from shutting down promptly. I had time to make a cup of tea between the shut down command and the PC actually shutting down:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.