testing Comodo PF 3.0 Beta, a few questions

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by _ab, Sep 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _ab

_ab Registered Member

Hi,

can someone confirm, that this program keeps crashing after giving some passoword protection? here it will, i had to reinstall it. Another issue: is it normal, that the FW has to be started by shortcut & it´s possible to shut it down by a normal user.

Isn´t it supposed to run under administrator rights?
    Or is it nor recommended to use it at all, still being a beta? Yes, i read the warning about the beta state, so does anyone here already use it as "real" firewall?

2. gud4u

gud4u Registered Member

I used Comodo 2.4 for months and just intalled Beta 3.0.7.208 and then 3.0.7.214 (last night).

The firewall should definitely start automatically - no requirement to start manually. Something is definitely wrong if it doesn't start automatically when you power up the system.

A possible problem is that Windows Security Center doesn't 'see' the Comodo beta firewall. I have WSC disabled. Perhaps that why the firewall doesn't aut-start for you. When the final Comodo 3 version is finished, it will be recognized by the Security Center.

In all installation instances:
    - Download the firewall program.
    - Disconnect from internet.
    - Uninstall/disable the current firewall.
    - Restart the PC without internet connection.
    - Install Comodo.
    - Restart the PC with internet connection.

You can manually exit the firewall any time you wish, with the usual yes/no prompt.

If you continue to have problems with the beta firewall, Comodo 2.4 was quite stable and offers pretty good protection.

Hope this helps!

3. _ab

_ab Registered Member

hi, yeah thx. It now starts by link in autostart. Security center is not used here. But now CPF 3 is running ok, only one has to avoid to use password protection, which crashes (@ least here)

4. disinter1

disinter1 Guest

Remember this is still in beta, and should not be considered yet to be fully protecting/working well enough for you to use. I would say it's perfect for people who love to test and would want to report any problems to Comodo to improve the software.

5. _ab

_ab Registered Member

yeah, but it works nice already, i don´t think that there are actually protection holes, rather some crashes & minor cosmetics.

6. rogervernon

rogervernon Registered Member

The wretched thing stopped my PC from shutting down promptly. I had time to make a cup of tea between the shut down command and the PC actually shutting down:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.