Test TI Build 2277 - keep your old recovery discs

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Little Pete, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Pete

Little Pete Registered Member

Hi,

Today I did again some tests on build 2277. I followed my checklist and indeed al lot of problems are solved.

But, I encountered a new killer. I tried to restore an whole disc from an incremental disc image. I used a new recovery cd created with this latest build. I got an error E00070020 - The archive is corrupted.

I didn't understand this because I always check my backups after creation. After a second attempt I paniced a little. My desktop was total loss.

Then I tried to restore the same incremental image with an old recovery cd (build 2247) and lucky as I am, this time the restore succeeded.

To be sure I tried the restore again with the new cd, again with the same error. Took the old cd and everything is ok.

I noticed a few small differences between both versions when I looked at the progress screens. There are indeed differences (I don't know what- did compare file sizes) for the files ramdisk.dat and bootmenu.exe. between both cd's.

I'll keep all my recovery cd's for a while, just in case...

Little Pete

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Little Pete,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

I have informed our Development Team about this problem and we will try to reproduce and resolve it. Please accept our apologies if the investigation will take time.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.