test restore questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by blenderbender, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blenderbender

blenderbender Registered Member

Hi... I'm no PC wizard and the more I learn the more I seem to forget so please bare with my questions here.

If I just upgraded to build 937, do I need to create a new boot disk?

And more importantly.... I've had my share of disappointments using Norton Ghost and when I truly needed to restore a disk image it failed me even though it verified everything to be in order before I needed it. So with ATI, how close can I get to pulling the trigger verifying that my current disk image will actually restore if called upon to do so? Is there a definitive method to checking my ability to actually do a restore? If so, I'd appreciate any tips. I've cautiously tip toed through the restore image wizard but am hesitant to go beyond a certain point fearing that I may not be able to back out at some point.

And lastly.... if I have been doing incremental backups after doing the initial full image, ATI generates several imaging dates in the image date selection screen of the restore wizard. I assume that if I choose the latest incremental backup date that ATI will restore the entire disk image using the most current incremental data?

Thanks..... Gary

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Gary,

I'm not getting undressed for anyone!! :)

Always best to create a new rescue disk for each new build. However, keep a copy of your previous (correctly functioning?) rescue CD in case the new one has a problem with your particular hardware.

Checkout this <previous reply of mine> on this subject.

Again, please have a read of this other <previous reply of mine>.

Regards

3. blenderbender

blenderbender Registered Member

Thanks for the tips.... I tried everything you suggested, ran into no difficulties beyond my comfort zone, and feel as comfortable as possible that ATI will work for me if needed. This just may be the software I have been looking for. Thanks again..... Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.