Test Redirect

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Sampei Nihira, Jan 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Open the website below:

-http://turbobit.net/1nn90f9cdnk0.html-

Javascript on
    Click "Regular Download".

Firefox + Noscript:

Noscript.JPG

Firefox + Ghostery:

Ghostery.JPG

Chrome + HTTP Switchboard:

Chrome.JPG

Th Crazy.Cat admin Turbolab.it
    Sorry my bad English.

2. guest

guest Guest

Comodo Dragon + HTTPSB. All requests are blacklisted by default except CSS and IMG.

Redirect.jpg

Dunno if this is supposed to be a good or bad result lol.

3. gorhill

gorhill Guest

I tried hxxp://turbobit.net/1nn90f9cdnk0.html and I am unable to get a redirection even after allowing "all". Something changed since then on this page? The fact that another tab was opened this tells me it's more related to javascript lanching a new tab than server-side redirection (which is the one usually users cannot easily spot).

Regarding aad73c550c.se I checked, and it is not in any preset blocked hosts, so I will add it to the HTTPSB's maintained one. There was a lot of mitigation when your browser downloaded the image from aad73c550c.se: no scripts were executed, no cookies were sent, no referer info was sent.

4. gorhill

gorhill Guest

Ah ok, got it, I missed I had to click on the "Regular Download" button.

So indeed this is javascript opening a pop-up window, not a HTTP redirect header.

Now if you have the option "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)" checked in Chromium, the new tab is not created.

So really I don't see a big deal here:

- Popups might be blocked as per user settings.
    - If not, the popup URL might be blacklisted (no request will reach it -- as seen in the Sampei Nihira's screenshot).
    - If not, the popup hostname is quite probably graylisted (default out-of-the-box settings), i.e. javascript will not execute, cookies will be removed, referer will be blanked -- as seen in GrafZeppelin's screenshot.

5. guest

guest Guest

The native popup blocker in Chromium browsers barely blocks any popups. I still set it like that though, but I wouldn't rely on it.

6. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Go to the web page and take the test, then close your browser and repeat

Immagine.JPG

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  7. gorhill

gorhill Guest

?

I did the test already, you quoted my findings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.