test for firewall

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by blacknight, Jul 4, 2021.

1. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I'm looking for some test for firewall. I know Shields Up!, but I want more. Unluckily PCFlank disappeared, so what else ?

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

just a question - whats wrong with grc shields up and where do you think do you have less protection? What do you want to achieve?

it is not recommended to lock a system down, even not when your behind a router. you only need to channel* outgoing traffic (*to avoid "block" because thats wrong)

you can try the comodo leak test
    https://personalfirewall.comodo.com/cpiltest.html

3. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

Thank you. Only for " fun ". GCR Shields up works fine, and I passed his test, but once I liked to try several tests, and PC Flank seems to no longer exist. I have hardware and software firewall, configured, and I believe to be quite safe.

4. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Unless you have a public IP, it does not really matter, because you are testing just an outside IP or a router. My PC alone is behind 3 ISP's routers to account for a lack of IPv4.

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

same here, inbound traffic needs a receiver and in most cases the receiver need to send to receive. unwanted traffic is dropped. my software firewall (lol) is for controlling outbound traffic. in worst case malware disables any software protection, thats why working with admin rights and telling about security a bit lol. some malware is able to inject commands in programs which are allowed to access the web or run content. nice to have such hips or anti-whatever, but i always tell people: if malware has reached this level, anything is lost before. Windows (10) has all preliminaries to fulfill this

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.