Terrible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by asm51, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. asm51

asm51 Registered Member

Having spent 15 years in the Computer industry I must say I have never come across retail software that is so clearly not ready for release. Earlier versions of TrueImage worked very well but version 9 is a disaster.

We have just tried the latest build on 5 very different computers in our workshop taking images in both Windows XP and Linux/DOS using the bootable media. On only one of the computers did TrueImage actually work. With the other four computers either the bootable media would not boot or if it did the images were either declared 'corrupt' or 'Not the last of the set'.

2. smallpotato

smallpotato Registered Member

What kind of setup, drives, media, particulars were you using? It would be great to know as if we can avoid duplicating the issues you encountered we'll have less drink coasters in the world. ;) Also, what would you say is a better alternative/workaround?

3. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

This is the Acronis support forum. Generalized posts like that won't help you or anyone else. I would suggest contacting support and supplying your case number and some details in this thread for the Acronis folks to cross-reference.

4. Cat-21

Cat-21 Registered Member

I think asm51 has said it 100% correct, had the same problem, <snip>. Try the BartPE Plugin for TI, only thing that ever worked for me.

edited to remove bashing - Detox

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2006
  5. Chutsman

Chutsman Registered Member

Some of the things that tend to make TI not work right are:

Multiple usb devices incl. hubs, keyboard, mouse.
    Wireless keyboard, mouse.

If you can revert to conventional types things might go better for you.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello asm51,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We have just tried the latest build on 5 very different computers in our workshop taking images in both Windows XP and Linux/DOS using the bootable media. On only one of the computers did TrueImage actually work. With the other four computers either the bootable media would not boot or if it did the images were either declared 'corrupt' or 'Not the last of the set'.

Could you please let us know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be 4 digit number)?

Please also let us know whether you have created Acronis Bootable Rescue CD using the latest build. If you would like us to investigate the issue with your Acronis Bootable Rescue CD issues then please create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post and submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.