Tenga.gen

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Fatheed, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fatheed

Fatheed Registered Member

Has anyone else been having problems with this recently?

I like to think I keep my machine pretty clean, with NOD32, Comodo, Malwarebytes & Spybot but I had something strange happen earlier.

I currently have 2 HDD's. One for windows and installations and the other for backing up movies/games/tv etc.

Whilst AMON was doing a check tonight it decided to scan my games folder on my D: drive, it alerted me that some files were infected.

12 to be precise...in 90 seconds.

What are the chances of these files, which range from key generators to DirectX installers, all being infected with the same virus....since they would have to have been hex edited otherwise NOD32 would have picked them up sooner.

Furthermore, what are the chances of a further 32 files in a separate location being infected with not only the same virus as eachother, but the same as the other files too.

Is it just me or is something funny going on here?

I apologise if I've been rambling and I thank you in advance for any help or advise you offer :)

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

No problems with it :)

Tenga.Gen is a name for a virus/file infector . Key generators is the answer for your "chances"...

ESET NOD32 Antivirus can clean the infection . You mention AMON which makes me think you use v2

1) Ensure your OS is updated
    2) Download the latest version of ESET NOD32 -> 4.0.314
    All ESET clients can get the new version for free
    www.eset.com
    3) Uninstall NOD32 v2
    4) Reboot
    5) Install v4.0.314
    6) Make sure it is updated with the latest updates (3956 as of that current moment)
    7) Disconnect the computer from any networks (if is networked)
    8 ) Start complete computer scan from Computer scan -> Smart scan
    9) Leave it clean/remove whatever it finds , reboot after the scan is complete
    10) You are ready!

3. Fatheed

Fatheed Registered Member

I was using v3, but I updated to v4 and its starting to annoy me.

It's picking up everything as having it, which frankly, I think is a load of bull.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.