Temporary fix for Application popup. Do it at your own risk.

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by DarrenDavisLeeSome, Mar 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

If anybody's interested in doing away with those annoying popups you'll need to fully disable Windows Error Reporting in the System Properties/Advanced Tab. Dr. Watson wasn't the reason like I had thought before.

Apparently, according to Windows Error Reporting, ESS 4.0 (perhaps even the NOD32) updater is causing a critical error.

If you don't uncheck the "But inform me of critical errors" box you'll still get the popups.

This temp fix does work, but do it at your own risk (I'm sure the risk is next to nothing :rolleyes: )

Like anybody really needs to let Microsoft know about it :rolleyes:

Hey.... ESET? Were you all in that big of a hurry to get ESS 4.0 released??

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is faster , definitely:
    http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2196&actp=LIST_RECENT

I want them know :thumb:

3. DarrenDavisLeeSome

DarrenDavisLeeSome Registered Member

Disabling the ESS 4.0 (I don't know about NOD32 4.0) System Updates feature DOES NOT keep that popup from showing up.

I heard it during shutdown and saw it in the Event/System log SEVERAL times with the System Updates feature set on "No Updates".

Apparently the "critical" error has nothing to do specifically with the ESS 4.0 System Updates feature.

Microsoft can't get the information via the Windows Error Reporting service. The WER is being killed as the machine is being shut down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.