Temporary Files After Restart

Discussion in 'General Returnil discussions' started by caspian, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caspian

caspian Registered Member

More recently I am noticing a lot of temporary files after I restart Returnil. I did not use to get that. It is usually around 50 or 60 MB. Is this normal? I have it checked to wipe all changes on restart.

2. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

Hi caspian,
    Can you provide some detail as to where the files are being created and some sample file names?

Thanks
    Mike

3. caspian

R-Wipe calls them "System Temporary Files". http://i48.tinypic.com/2mdp44g.jpg

That accounts for most of it. But there are usually a few MB of prefetch data (I think). But I did not use to have that much when I ran a cleaner after restart.

4. Coldmoon

Coldmoon Returnil Moderator

We are not seeing this in the lab, so can you check them to verify their source program?

Mike

5. caspian

I will take a look when I get back home and see if I can figure out how to do that. I don't know as much as most of the people in this forum, but I think I can figure it out. In R-Wipe, it says about 73MB after restart. TEMP files, prefetch, Windows search (or something like that). I will post when I get a chance from that particular computer. Ccleaner only shows 36MB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.