Temporary Disable Programs

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Kiara777, Mar 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiara777

Kiara777 Registered Member

In the next few days I plan to install verizon DSL software in lieu of dial-up.If there is a requirement to disable programs running in the background, I know how to disable Norton Anti-Virus and security but how do you temporarily disable for an hour and then re-enable Spy Blaster and Spy Guard?

2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Kiara, ;)

There shouldn't be a need to disable either or anything for that matter (except maybe PG - to allow Drivers/services)

Spyware Blaster: Only sets killbits in the registry to block bad active X controls ... and sets sites in IE's restricted zone, and blocks tracking cookies in IE/Moz/FF.

Spyware Guard: Will intercept any browser start page changes that your new ISP will most likely try to set, with the installation ... which you could 'allow' if you wish.

So neither will interfere with the installation of Verizon's DSL software.

I never disable any of my protections, when installing 'new software' ... except for the above mentioned regarding PG, if required.

HTH, ;)

Steve

3. Kiara777

Kiara777 Registered Member

Thank you for the information. However, since I am a novice at this please define PG for me.

4. dog

dog Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.